Followers

Friday 28 January 2011

Finding JOY every day!

My reasons to be JOYful this Friday:
1. I went on a teaching course in this Church this week which was quite informative but has massively increased my workload. Rather than stressing about this, I've taken the opportunity to show my boss exactly how capable I am and what I can do. I've formulated my 'action plan' and had an hour long meeting with 'the boss' to discuss it. I just need to start putting it into action. Bring it on!!
2. I bought this dress in town at the weekend for the bargain price of £15. I managed to get a photo of me in it and think I'm not looking too bad (for a busy, mum of 2!)
3. We've tried eating some different recipes this month. This was Nigella's Spanish Chicken from her 'Kitchen' book. I love a good throw-it-all-in-one-pan type dish. It was delicious although I'd be tempted to add some cherry tomatoes and possibly chunky peppers next time.

4. Kev was around this morning to help me with the kids as he didn't need to leave for work til 8:30. It was like a revelation. "This must be what it's like for most people" was my main thought as the morning was so much less stressful. I even had time to wash my hair and shower in peace! Definitely feeling the JOY there!
5. My charity coffee morning has raised £70 for charity this month.

6. Emma's hair is finally long enough to put into bunches!
7. There have been several moments this week where the kids have played together really nicely. Last night they were chasing each other (not sure who was chasing who) using various ride-ons. With the laughter coming from our house, you couldn't fail to smile.
Jack reading to Emma:
Jack wanting to show me he could smile:
8. Emma got her first pair of shoes and has suddenly decided to walk much more. This has the added benefit that she hasn't wanted to be so clingy to me. In fact, I'm currently blogging two handed for the first time in ages!!!
9. Kim managed to source my WRMK page protectors and Glimmer mists. Can't wait to play!!
10. I love my kids, husband and parents. Enough said.

PS. Sarah, thanks for the award. I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had time to do anything with it yet! You can be my 11th reason to be JOYful. :)



2 comments:

  1. I love these 10! You look adorable in your new purchase!
    Love that you call (What we American's call "pigtails") "bunches relating to Emma's hair do. ;-) That's definitely a cuter way to describe them, but since I have boys, I am hoping there are no bunches to assemble (unless it's with my locks! LOL
    I posted a cute and fun idea for Valentine's Day treats on my blog. You might want to craft it out with your kiddos too!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to make me
    start doing this too huh? I'm so grouchy it would probably be good for me to list positive things.... Hmmm food for thought

    ReplyDelete