Followers

Thursday 12 January 2012

A Recipe for success!

Regulars to UKScrappers will know that this year, they are running a series of challenges and classes to tempt all crafters of all different styles. I took a nosy over at the homepage last week and thought I'd check them out. You can do the same here.
The one that really appealed to me straightaway was the recipe challenge which has a PDF attached. The theory seemed to be to create a kit/collection of supplies based around a given colour theme (your basic ingredients). Add in a few 'speciality ingredients' for example, find something with texture, felt, ribbon etc and then off you go 'to cook for a while'. You can use the given sketch as a prompt to make a card or layout and look at a layout that's already completed for inspiration.
Well, I certainly was inspired!
Firstly, I collected some old stash from using the colour scheme of pink, brown and grey. I wasn't worried that some of these clearly didn't match as I knew I just wanted to make a dent in the supplies, not necessarily use everything. I used some glitz design papers for the background, lots of leftover scraps from the Sarahs Card retreat layered as a background and label stickers from a few Crate Paper ranges. Picture wise this is an Instagram photo of my daughter at Christmas this year, being mum to her new dollies.



Taking inspiration from the black and white photo, I tried to use monotone within this LO. I just loved the Amy Tan '2' brad which co-ordinated perfectly!




I did this LO on a different day to the others and therefore didn't realise that I'd used the same title twice but it does suit both LO's! Lots more scraps and ends of kits from all over the place. Again two photos leftover from my Christmas Album pile.




I also did a double LO using multiple photos but this still needs journalling adding so I'll blog that another day.




I've got 2 crops this weekend so I'm definitely heading back to UKS to see what other inspiration I can find!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the layouts. Havent looked at the challenge section yet but certainly will now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great start. Love the LOs.

    ReplyDelete