Followers

Sunday 22 January 2012

A quick mini!

I had been wanting to make a Thank You gift for a friend for a while but as always, time escaped me. Finally, I got myself into gear, sorted out some photos and put a Saturday afternoon to good use.
I started with a range of cardstock offcuts that I had lurking around that I knew would make a great mini album. The colours all co-ordinated so I sorted them according to size and trimmed to make uniform.


Using the scalloped edge of a tag, I drew similar edges on the edge of each cardboard piece and trimmed to add interest.



I then used offcuts of other coordinating patterned paper and a few new sheets from my Studio Calico kits to create mats for the photos. I inked each edge of the mat. I also used washi tape throughout and a sheet of stickers left over from the Sarahs Cards retreat.


Finally, I added some photos (3x4" and smaller) and some embellishments. I tried to keep it really simple so that didn't get too bulky.







In the end, this mini had photos of a bunch of our friends from about 3 different occasions in 2011- I gave it to my friend last night at our first 2012 party and she absolutely loved it! I'm so pleased!




No comments:

Post a Comment