Followers

Thursday 5 January 2012

December Daily 2011: Part One

Happy New Year!

I had it in mind to try and get my December Daily album completed before January appeared but the children were both poorly in the week running up to Christmas which then threw me off course (and completely ruined the 2 days of scrapping that I was plannning whilst kids were at nursery!).

Having a bit of surprise time to myself on Tuesday this week though, I set myself the challenge of getting this album finished (and truth be told, I'm desperate to get started on using some of my Studio Calico kits!)

This year I did an A4 album using 8.5x11.5 overlays from Ali Edwards. I used a Paperchase album that I decorated myself and WHSmith plastic wallets as page protectors. I did worry that A4 was actually too big for this project but overall it worked out fine. I mainly used the Boots photo booth to print out photos that were either 3x4" or smaller. This worked out well too as well as being cost effective.

To keep things as simple as possible I mostly used old stash in the form of Cosmo Cricket 'Jolly by golly' papers and Echo Park 'Everybody loves Christmas'. The journalling was either printed out or handwritten onto tags or very old Creative Memories kraft journalling spots. Embellishments were mainly from old stash apart from the Jenni Bowlin green and red stars which I bought from the Sarahs Cards retreat. Overall, I hope keeping to the same theme/style helps the album tie together.

This is Day 1: Advent. Kids were bemused by the calendars until they realised that there was chocolate inside! (they had two each- one bought by grandparents and one from us) Once that was established then it was full steam ahead.

I added my journalling to this LO with simple number stickers and facts.


















Day 2: Christmas Party 1
I did a DLO here to fit in all the photos I wanted. I added my journalling to the back of the table number card that was on our table and slotted that inbetween these pages in my album.






Day 3: Birthday preparations
This LO shows the cakes that I made for Emmas birthday- I was rather pleased with them if I do say so myself!


















Day 4 and 5: Emmas birthday
Today was Emma's 2nd birthday. I did a DLO again: one side with pics and the other, journalling in the form of a letter.







Day 6: Radio Times

Nothing much really happened today so this was a bit of a space filler! Day 7 is misisng from here too as it was the School Production and therefore the photos aren't suitable for sharing on here.















Day 8: Decorations!
Today was fun! I spent my day off decorating our house whilst Jack was at preschool. He was so excited when he got home to see the window lights and tree- it was almost as if he didn't realise that it was me that had done it all!

I added a colouring sheet that he bought home from preschool too. Not specifically colour by number, but I thought it would be cool to look back on these kinds of documents in the future.

I'll share some more pages from this album tomorrow. :)

9 comments:

  1. lovely pages. :) Well done doing them all, im still scrapping pictures from 3 christmas' ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, they are GORGEOUS pages ... well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages, and what a great way to keep the memories - will be lovely to look back on in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks fab. I have a picture of the Radio Times in mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's a lot of pages!Love your pages .My kids still expect chocolate calenders and they have all left school!

    ReplyDelete