Followers

Monday 29 March 2010

Sarahs cards Blog challenge LO

I'm having a lovely crafty month and am getting loads of projects finished as well as ideas for some new projects-I can feel a stash order coming on! lol. The highlight of the month so far is being voted as my teams LO of the month on UKS and making it to the final. :)

Sometimes you can't just help being pleased with the way a LO turns out and for me, this was one of those times. Normally my LO's have to be quick affairs as I can't always guarantee I'll get time later and so they don't always have the finishing touches I'd like. However, this LO for the Sarahs Cards blog challenge was completed over several days and I'm really pleased with the finished piece. The challenge was to use some old stash so I used up my Nov kit (November is a long time ago, right?) which I loved as I love Crate Paper. I wanted to work on layering and texture and generally doing something different to my normal style so I also used up some really old (like bought when I first started scrapping 5 years ago cos I thought they'd be really useful but they're still in my stash pile!) fibres which I wrapped around the chipboard flowers. I also used some old sentiment rubons leftover from my wedding album and some old ribbon along the bottom.



I've also created this LO recently using the idea of the bird from Ellepiggos design on the Feb DT booklet at Sarahs cards:


Finally, I made this Easter wreath after seeing Joys idea from IACW on the UKS blogbits part of the homepage.


I had to add some blue ribbons inbetween the yellow and green ones as H is an Ipswich Town fan and there's no way he'd allow Norwich colours to be displayed in our house! Men, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment