Followers

Monday 15 March 2010

Redecorating

Well, it's been a while since i've updated my blog mainly cos as a SAHM I rarely get two mins to myself to do bits and pieces like this (as a perfect example, I've sat down to write this part at least 6 times now and always get called away for juice, biscuits, Postman Pat DVDs etc etc-sigh!). ETA this entrire post has taken over 2 hours to do and I wonder why I don't post more often. lol.

So what have I been upto? Well, we've also been busy decorating our reception rooms which Kev was hoping to do in a week (insert manic laughter!) We're 3 weeks in now and still it's not complete. Admittedly, it's not all his fault. The carpet in the playroom needed fitting over 2 days. we had problems getting the wall paper man in on a good day and things generally took longer than expected. Not to also add that Kev decided that changing the bathroom floor and our dodgy bathroom toilet was a good idea at the same time so at one point we had workmen all over the house. Anyway, it was worth it and it's slowly coming together although it's far from finished. I should add here that before we decorated the room had cream matt paint walls with cushions and prints etc that were in a burnt orange.

This is where we're upto at the moment:
The lounge room with my gorgeous Laura Ashley wallpaper in a duckegg blue and white. It's got a shimmer to the blue flowers too which looks lovely when it catches the light. The cushions and throw were bargains from Sainsburys. Kev chose the lamps in the sale at B and Q after seeing them at his brothers. The curtains were a nightmare to source as they were in the Dunelm sale. We'd bought a matching pair initially for the hallway and then I decided they'd look great in the playroom and as we wanted a matching pair in the lounge we had a manic day of phonecalls to all our local Dunelms to try and find another pair. My brother in law got these for us from Colchester in the end. I still have the window seat cushion to finish (mum's helping me with that) and there are photos/prints etc to go up on the wall.


From the opposite direction, you can see that the dining room is far from finished. We sold our big dresser and bought a new sideboard from Next which arrived yesterday. Even though the top is damaged, we've been advised by them to use it for the time being as the wait for a new dispatch is 12 weeks. Sob. :( Tonights job will be to put that together. It's a good job I'm a flat pack queen! I'm just looking forward to emptying the boxes in our kitchen with all our accessories and photos.
This is the playroom which is, naturally, a bit of a mess, courtesy of a certain 2 year old. Originally, the old external doors were in the gap between the dining room and playroom but our carpenter took them out for us and plastered the gap so now the rooms are more 'seamless'.





Latstly, these are the coasters that I made for the rooms. They were photo coasters that I bought in The Works for £3.99 a pack. I then cut some wallpaper to size so that they match the room. They look pretty fab and so, so simple to do.
I'll do an update post once the finsihing touches are in (and the rooms are tidier) so you can see it at it's best.









2 comments:

  1. Your lounge looks gorgeous Lou, I am a big fan of LA much to Justins disgust!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a lovelt big bright room Lou

    ReplyDelete