Followers

Sunday 15 April 2012

Long Distance Friend




Wow! 2 months since my last post! We have been very busy though:




  • Our biggest news is that we've finally bought a house- yay! Although the downside to this is having to move back in with my mum after 10 years away, as our landlord won't extend our contract. Lots of packing going on here and decisions as to what can go into storage and what is going to mums. The upside is that it should only be for a month and not paying rent means more money to spend on the new place. Plus Kev and I see this as 2 live in babysitters.... (Just joking mum!)



  • I increased my hours on a temporary basis from Feb- April to 80% which was just something else to re-timetable into our week childcare wise etc. However, the money was much appreciated especially with the imminent house move.



  • Kev also accepted a new job offer and a promotion so he's feeling really positive workwise too.



  • As a trade off to being so busy though my project life took a bit of a back burner. I've spent much of Easter holidays catching up with this so I can share it on here soon. Keep checking back.


Doing so much PL though meant that I haven't done any traditional scrapping for ages so at our crop this week I sat and did two LO's, one of which I'll post today as it's my favourite.



I just love all the monochrome neutrals together using different papers from some old Studio Calico kits. The design was from a Sarahs Cards Retreat class created by Jen Nualls (find her blog here or over at the Sarahs cards blog). I didn't go on the retreat but someone else did and showed me how to recreate the look. Really, really love it and will be doing a similar technique soon I'm sure.



This LO is all about how I met my friend Suz who is part of my Creative Army (if you get the Ali Edwards newsletters you should get what I mean by that!). Her blog is here. Drop by and leave her a message, I'm sure she'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment