Followers

Thursday 14 July 2011

Lean Mean Mini book

I was scrapping with friends on Saturday and originally had plans for these photos to be a double LO but as I looked through them, it was decided that a) I had too many photos and b) the photos told a story so it would be difficult to cut them down in number. Suddenly, I remembered that I had instructions in my crop bag for a Lean Mean Mini-book which I had printed from JimJams blog some time ago (link to instructions here: Thanks JimJams)

The advantage to this minibook is that it uses only one sheet of 12x12 cardstock and one sheet of 12x12 double sided paper! On a mission, I decided to give it a go!

Front cover. The whole album is held together with ribbon. I've used a sheet of Jillibean soup paper and some co-ordinating embellishments for the details:

Inside front cover:




There is plenty of room on these pull out pages for either more photos or journalling on the reverse. I added some machine stitching, word sticker labels and some cute tags with the kids initials on each:



This is the pull out pocket page. Would be equally cute to put a ticket etc from a visit in there depending on the theme of your album. Secret journalling, anyone?








Another half page pocket on the final pages.


Once I'd figured out the instructions this was actually really simple to make. This took me 2-3 hours with lots of chatting inbetween. I reckon if I was to do it again I could make the album (as a gift etc) in less than an hour and the whole thing including photos etc in less than 2.




Thanks for looking.








2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely Lou - glad that you had fun with the instructions. I've always found that making the book takes no time at all ... decorating it is the time-consuming part. Love what you've done with your borders and stickers, and very pretty colour scheme.
    FYI - the blog post with the instructions is here :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant little mini book and I love the colours and papers you've used. Just fab!

    ReplyDelete