Followers

Thursday 24 March 2011

Just call me Erin....

I've just had my Erin Brockovich moment. After endless emails to my local councillors and NHS officials, regarding about the proposed closure and relocation of my local BabyCafe group (a breastfeeding support group), the councillors have managed to secure funding for it for the next 6 months. The chair of the Council has also pledged that whilst he is leader, the group won't close. He's going to use the next 6 months to find more permanent funding for us.

The group is really well supported by local mums so it seemed really silly to shut a successful group to start a new one in a different area of the city especially as there are similar groups in other areas of the city that aren't well supported. I'm all for providing more support for mums who want to breastfeed but not at the expense of closing ours.

Anyway, it would seem that all my arguments about the health benefits of breastfeeding and the lack of parental discussion with the closure of the group were considered by the 'big bosses' who have listened and responded appropriately. Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment