Followers

Sunday 21 August 2011

Shimelle challenge: round up

What a manic week I've had. Exhausting isn't the word for it (seriously can't wait to return to work in a couple of weeks- being a full time mum is HARD WORK!) but in amongst it all, I've tried to complete a few more challenges from the scrapbooking weekend that Shimelle had last weekend (a girl's got to chill out somehow, huh?)

Firstly, the RETRO challenge:


Whilst looking through my albums for a previous challenge, I stumbled across a LO that I really didn't like, pulled the photos off carefully and thought I'd have a go at scrapping them again! From that, this LO was born (no pun intended.) That's me as a baby, Oct 1980!


Secondly, I did this weeks SKETCH challenge using pictures of my mum and dad, otherwise known as 'Ma & Pa'. A very typical photo of them two; mum is pulling a face at the camera and dad is doing that thing with his tongue when he knows he has to smile...


Next, I did the AQUA, RED & WHITE challenge using a DLO and a series of photos of Emma eating yoghurt. My girl has to be one of the messiest eaters I know and most of my photos of her involve messy faces!


This was one of those occasions were the title had to fit the alphas I had available, hence the range of types and the fact that the word 'Yoghurt' wasn't mentioned (not enough individual letters in one font for that!)







GRID challenge was up next so I decided on another DLO using some October Afternoon 'Modern Homemaker' paper, some stickers from Cosmo cricket and some more imaginative use of lettering to fit the title. I journalled around the grid to give it a frame.





Finally, EMBELLISHMENTS IN 3. I used 3 journalling boxes and 3 chipboard numbers as areas for journalling on and thought I'd ask my son what his three favourite things are at 3 years old. Clearly, that'll have to wait til morning though!



3 comments:

  1. Wow you were busy with the challenges, fantastic layouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts Lou! Fab! (You got a ton of scrappin' done of late!-YAY!)
    Best wishes with your home details. :)
    Take care you,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages - I still have some of these challenges left to do but really enjoyed the weekend - Especially love the DLO of your daughter eating her yoghurt :)

    ReplyDelete